After being too uncomfortable or shy to ask people to model for me I decided to take picture of myself even if I hate doing so when I do not have a shirt on.
Here are my best results (with their artsy titles) and my favorite being the first one :
Shame
Pride
Hate
I know it's not that abstract but I managed to have a super dramatic lighting to compensate. I forgot to take pictures of the setup but it's really simple, a single strobe up (about 9 feet high) at my right without diffuser or umbrella or softbox, all this in my bedroom. Taken at 1/200 of a second, f/8.0, ISO 100.
Here are my best results (with their artsy titles) and my favorite being the first one :
Shame
Pride
HateI know it's not that abstract but I managed to have a super dramatic lighting to compensate. I forgot to take pictures of the setup but it's really simple, a single strobe up (about 9 feet high) at my right without diffuser or umbrella or softbox, all this in my bedroom. Taken at 1/200 of a second, f/8.0, ISO 100.

I think you did a really good job and I can agree that you have a very dramatic lighting. But I don't think you should be shy to ask people...some may surprise you (some people just love getting naked! haha)
RépondreSupprimerp.s. I noticed we're mutual friends with Matt Paquette on FB and he had offered to shoot in my abstract nudes but it didn't end up that way since at first his ex gf was going to pose for me so you could have easily asked him to do it!
Great work! I really like the titles you gave them, they're very appropriate!
RépondreSupprimerI appreciate the style you've chosen. Theatrical lighting matches theatrical poses and theatrical titles are working well together.
RépondreSupprimerAs Kristina says, don't be too shy. The worst that can happen is that someone says no. And that's no big deal.
My favorite is "Shame." I really like how you chose to experiment with emotions while doing self portraits.
RépondreSupprimer